Sunday, October 2, 2011

Victor Sinclair Bohemian Buddha Review

Wrapper: Connecticut Shade
Filler: Dominican
Price: $5.00 - $7.00

Last month I purchased a Victor Sinclair sampler box that contained ten different cigars. I have always been interested in the Bohemian line, but never purchased any of them. So when I saw the price of this box, I figured I couldn’t go wrong with it. So I took the limited edition Buddha and set that aside to review. And today I was in the mood for a light cigar.

The cigar has a very light Connecticut shade wrapper with a couple green spots in the wrapper. There was a nice, tight pigtail cap that unrolled to be about two inches or so. Also there was a closed foot. This stick was very solid and had no veins at all. The cigar gave off a very earthy aroma before it was lit. The cigar lit with ease because of the closed foot.

The flavor was very mild with just a little hint of spice off of the light. There were some very nutty and earthy notes that formed. The nutty flavor completely took over within the first inch. There were quite a few flavors that were trying to come out, but the nuttiness was just to strong. The most powerful undertone that I was getting was a little bit of cedar. The cedar notes would peek out every few puffs.

As the cigar progressed, some more spice came out. The flavor became much more earthy and tasted a little bit like hay. The hay notes would eventually pick up and blend nicely with the nutty notes. By the halfway point, the nuts and hay tones were all that I was tasting.

The finish was very similar from the halfway point until the end. There was little to no spice throughout the last couple inches, but there was a nice sweet tobacco flavor that came out. The end of this cigar was very earthy and flavorful combining the hay, nuts, and sweet tobacco.

The ash was a medium shade of gray and evenly layered. It also held on for a couple inches at a time, which is always good. The burn was perfectly even throughout. I was a little disappointed with the draw at first because it was a little tight, but as the cigar progressed the draw eased up quite a bit. The smoke was thick and a nice white and brown mix that gave off a very earthy aroma.

This was actually one of the nicer mild smokes I have had. I was highly impressed with it. I recommend this one to all the mild cigar smokers. I’m sure you will not be disappointed with it. I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Enjoy,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment