Sunday, October 2, 2011

Camacho Corojo Limited 07/05 Review

Wrapper: Honduran Corojo
Filler: Honduran Corojo
Price: $10.50

 The other day I received a package in the mail from a friend of mine, inside the package contained this beauty. So I was sitting down last night trying to figure out my next few reviews, this one was on the top of the list. I have not reviewed many Camacho cigars, nor have I smoked that many. So with this opportunity to do my friend a favor, as well as enjoy this smoke, I decided to do the review right away.

The first thing I notice about this cigar is its odd shape. The foot is very thin, and it tapers to get thicker. It almost resembles the shape of a baseball bat. The beautiful corojo wrapper was a medium shade of brown. There were a couple thin veins throughout it, but nothing was major. This stick is very solid with a very solid foot. This cigar gives off a very sweet pre-light aroma, almost resembling chocolate and earth. This stick cuts very clean and is very easy to light.

The flavors are very robust right off of the light. There is some strong earth and some strong wood right away. There is a little bit of spice that lingers on the tongue early on as well. About an inch in, there are some strong leather notes to come out. The spice also picks up quite a bit. The combination of the leather and spice coat the palate nicely. Towards the end of the first third, there was a slight bitter undertone of coffee that I was sensing.

The midsection of this stick was where the flavors really filled out. The flavor was very earthy and the wood became very strong. The wood notes became more distinct. I was picking up bits of cedar as well as oak. There was also a nice helping of spice that did not overpower the other flavors. That coffee undertone was gone, but the sweet cedar notes picked up a little bit.

The last couple inches were all flavor. The spice and leather pick up strong. They covered my palate but not enough that I couldn’t find the notes of earth and wood. Every flavor seemed to be equally strong and work together nicely.

The ash was very nice on this stick. It was a medium shard of gray with held on for a couple inches at a time. The burn started out a little odd, but evened out quickly and stayed even throughout the remainder of the stick. The draw was great, there was no effort required to get a good helping of thick white smoke. The smoke gave off a nice spicy aroma that set off my sense of smell.

This is a great stick overall. Yes, the flavor is consistent throughout, but some notes pick up at points throughout the stick. This stick is right on the border of medium and full, This cigar is one that I think people need to try, its construction is impeccable. I give it an 8.75 out of 10.

Enjoy,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment