Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Zack the Stogie Man's Honorable Mentions for 2011

After spending the last couple weeks working on my Top 10 of 2011, I found it difficult not to give the proper respect to all the cigars that were worthy. There are five other cigars that were very close to making the list, but I felt that they just didn’t leave an impression like the others did.

I felt it was only fair to create the list of some of some honorable mentions for the best cigars I reviewed this year.

These are in no particular order:



Arturo Fuente Hemingway Best Seller: This cigar is one that I usually always recommend to people. When people are looking for a nice mild-medium cigar that doesn’t take “forever” to smoke, the Best Seller is what I show them. I smoked probably a box or so of these throughout the year for that very reason, they don’t last forever. They last just enough time for my drive to/from work. Besides that, it’s a pretty damn good cigar.




Opus X xXx "Power Ranger": Honestly, what can I say about the Opus that hasn’t already been said? I waited months to finally get my hands on a couple of these. When my shop finally got a couple boxes in, my father and I both grabbed a few of these because we knew we weren’t going to be able to get them much longer. Now, I try to always have some Opus in my humidor because they are an all-around fantastic cigar, but also great for that special occasion.




San Cristobal: By far one of my favorite cigars of the past year. I never heard much about it until I joined Reddit and saw a bunch of the guys there passing them around, trading them, and talking them up. I quickly went out and grabbed several of these. And they were certainly worth every bit of talk they were getting. I haven’t smoked one of these in the past couple months, but I know I will be soon.




Camacho Triple Maduro: As you have probably seen over the course of the year, I am partial to full bodied cigars. Well when a friend sent me this to try out, I had to do the review on it. What could be bad about a cigar with this much Maduro? As I smoked this cigar, I can remember thinking to myself, “Why do these have to cost so damn much?” Now when I wasn’t a change of pace, I opt for one of these at my local shop.





Perdomo Champagne: This cigar is a bit too mild for me, but I enjoy it every time. Nothing is more relaxing to me then waking up on a nice morning, making a cup of coffee, and sitting outside with a mild cigar. This is my cigar of choice for those days. The flavor profile compliments the coffee perfectly. This is a cigar, that no matter what strength you prefer a cigar to be, you will most likely enjoy this one.




Thank you for reading my year-end wrap-ups.

Be sure to look for many more reviews in 2012.

Until the next time,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment