Saturday, May 21, 2011

Arturo Fuente Opus X xXx "Power Ranger" Review (Saturday Morning Smoke)

Wrapper: Dominican
Filler: Dominican
Price: $10.00 - $13.00

This is one of those cigars that I have been trying to find for some time now. I have heard nothing but great things about the Opus X, so when I found a store that carried them, I had to go ahead and get my hands on a few of them.

This cigar, although small, packs a punch. Before I lit up the cigar I gave it a good look over. The cigar itself smelled very good. It had a sweet aroma to it resembling that of aromatic pipe tobacco mixed with a little bit of maple. Before I lit it, it tasted a bit peppery with subtle sweet notes mixed in it.

The first third of this stick was surprising to say the least. The first several puffs were very strong on the pepper flavor, but that died down quickly. After the pepper flavor subsided a bit, the cigar got much sweeter. After about a half inch or so, the flavors were leaning towards a mix of sugar and maple. This combination was very unique and very enjoyable.

As the first third rounded out, the pepper flavor was almost completely diminished and the sweetness took over completely. Even though the pepper flavor was almost completely gone, I could still smell the pepper in the smoke.

The last stretch of this cigar stayed very sweet and was almost identical to the second third. The only difference here was that the pepper flavor came back a little bit. But overall the flavors were very smooth.

The ash of this stick was quite amazing. It was very solid and held on for quite awhile. It held on for about a full two thirds of the stick. It was a medium shade of gray with very minimal flaking. The aroma was very sweet with mild pepper hints flowing through it. The draw was easier than I expected throughout the entire stick. And lastly the smoke was very thick and a light shade of gray.

This cigar was all-around amazing. It never burned hot. The cigar stayed cool all the way through. It never got hot on my fingers nor did it get hot on my lips. It stayed great all the way down to the very end. The only problem, it was too short.

This cigar deserves a 9.5 out of 10.

Enjoy,

Zack the Stogie Man

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent cigar full of flavor and packs a punch. The power ranger is one I definitely make sure that I've eaten beforehand. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notice this is a "Saturday Morning Smoke" thats means early morning empty stomach haha

      Delete