Monday, May 23, 2011

Nestor Miranda Dominicano Coffee Break Oscuro Review

Wrapper: Dominican Oscuro
Filler: Nicaraguan
Price: $6.00 - $7.00


Having smoked and enjoyed several other Nestor Miranda cigars, when my local cigar shop got these sticks in, I had to get one and give it a try. I was immediately pulled towards the oscuro because, oscuro wrappers are one of my favorites.  The wrapper was dark brown and oily. There were a few thick veins, but they never altered the burning pattern at all. Before I lit up the stick,  it had a sweet smell reminiscent of chocolate.

As I lighted the cigar, the initial flavor was quite harsh, very spicy. But right after about five puffs or so, the spiciness went away and I started getting the hints of coffee. The coffee flavor was lingering throughout my mouth. After about a half inch or so, the flavor became very earthy. The earth and coffee flavor combined for a very smooth and creamy palate.


As the first third rounded out, the spice was almost completely gone. The flavor was very distinct. It was clear there was dark chocolate flavor there. The combination of the dark chocolate combining with the flavor of the black coffee was exceptional. The nickname “Coffee Break” really holds true to this cigar.

The last third was even sweeter. The chocolate and coffee flavors got much stronger and much more distinct. The flavor was very distinct up until about the last inch. Around that time the flavors all started to subside. Not enough though, to alter my opinion on this stick at all.

To my surprise, the smoke smelled just as sweet as the flavors. I could clearly smell the coffee and chocolate in the smoke. I didn’t even have to search for it. As soon as it hit the nostrils, I smelled it. The smoke wasn’t too thick either. The ash was a little darker than I like, but it was strong for sure. It held on for at least two inches each time. The draw was also effortless throughout the entire stick.

For the price, you cant go wrong with this stick. I think this cigar deserves a 7.0 out of 10.

Enjoy the cigar,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment