Sunday, May 1, 2011

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Masterpiece Review

Wrapper: Connecticut Maduro
Filler: Dominican

Price: $12.00 - $15.00

Well first off, I want to say that this was the single biggest cigar I have ever had. It was a staggering 9 inch cigar with a 52 gauge.

When I examined this cigar, I was amazed that one single leaf would spiral around to complete this stick. It cut great and the draw was amazing. When I first lit the stick I realized how flavorful and chewy the maduro wrapper was. And I realized I was in for an enjoyable two hour smoke.

The first third had a very sweet complexion of flavors. The more robust flavors I was finding were a sweet, creamy coffee flavor accented nicely with a mild cocoa flavor. After the first inch and a half or so, the
creaminess slowly diminished and an earthy cedar taste come out. This combination was amazing on all accounts.

As the first third came to an end, and the second started, the earthiness and cedar flavor were very prominent. And the cocoa flavor was still there but it wasn't as easily found as earlier in the stick. Toward the mid-point
of this cigar, little bits of spice were coming out and combining with the cocoa flavor and helped to bring the cocoa flavor back up front.

As the cigar neared the last few inches, the creaminess from the beginning of the cigar came back and combines to make this cigar extremely enjoyable. Very flavorful and a great all-around cigar.

The ash was a great light charcoal color but weak. Every inch and a half or so, the ash would fall off. Usually I expect the ash to go a solid three inches. To me, the ash length is a little bit of a game. I'm still waiting for that one cigar where the ash never falls off.

The smoke was very light colored, almost white and gave off a very sweet aroma that was similar to the taste. I could smell the creaminess, smoothness, and even the earthiness very well.

Although ridiculously long, I enjoyed ever bit of this cigar very much, and I cant wait to get my hands on another one.

Arturo Fuente is climbing the ranks of my personal favorites, and their maduros are phenomenal.

8.5 out of 10: No questions asked!

Enjoy and Smoke on,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment