Monday, April 25, 2011

Man O War Ruination Review

Wrapper: Habano Ecuadorian Ligero
Filler: Nicaraguan & Honduran

Price: $7.00 - $8.00

First off, I want to say this is one of my all time favorite cigars. The flavors are amazing, and the smoke is delicious.  Now this stick has a very full body. It will knock you back if every once and awhile. The first time I had one, I was already feeling its strength before the halfway mark.

The construction of this cigar is amazing to say the least. The combination of the different tobaccos make this stick easily enjoyable over and over again. The cut is clean and the draw is easy. This is a great cigar to relax with in the back yard.

The first taste of this stick is very spicy and earthy. The spice flavor is a subtle mix of pepper and other spices, and the earthiness is accented with flavors of woods and and leather. After a few draws, the peppery flavor slightly diminishes and a sweeter flavor comes into the picture.


After about the first third of the cigar the spiciness thoroughly mellows out and a combination of sweeter flavors come out and make the palate very happy. And by the time I got to the second third, I was tasting more subtle flavors coming out. I was tasting little bits of oak, leather and even a slight cocoa flavor. This was definitely making a much sweeter, not so harsh flavor, as well as a great aroma.

When I got down to the last third, the stick is really losing is full bodiness. Some of the flavors leave and give way to some more earthy flavors like cedar and nuts. Now even with all these interesting flavor combination, the cigar seemed to make my mouth extremely dry.

Now onto some lighter notes. The ash was very strong and many different shades of gray. And throughout the stick, the aroma was constantly changing and becoming more and more delicious each time it changed. Most of the time, there where strong earthy scents.

Overall this cigar is great, but just make sure when you have it, that you have a drink with you, because the last two inches will dry your mouth out.

I easily give this cigar a 8.5 out of 10.

Until I smoke again,

Zack The Stogie Man

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try this cigar for a while. I have heard some decent things about it, but this is the first review I have read. I think I will have to pull the trigger and buy some. Also, do you think that cigar losing its boldness at the final third was detrimental to the overall enjoyment of the stick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont think so. They only complaint I have about this cigar now is that I think the blend slightly changed. It doesnt have as much umph as it did when I reviewed this one.

      Delete