Sunday, April 17, 2011

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Best Seller Review

Wrapper: African Cameroon
Filler: Dominican

Price: $7.00 - $8.00

I want to start off by saying that this cigar came highly recommended to me, so I felt it was a perfect candidate for a review.

Lets start off by talking about the shape, unique to say the least, with just a little tip on the foot to light. Because of how small the tip on the foot was, it was amazingly easy to light. The cigar was very tight, which led to a slow, delightful burn. As soon as I put the cigar to my lips, the wrapper was very sweet. Little hints of honey and cinnamon were all over the oily wrapper. The wrapper was very chewy and loaded with flavor.

The cigar had hints of pepper and other spices throughout the gradual burn. The first third was toast as well, with hintes of cedar along the way. The flavor combination created a slight complexity that was very
enjoyable.

The ash was solid and different shades of gray, however a nice gust of wind knocked it off after about an inch or so. And after the first third or so, the draw became very easy. It was at this point that I realized this cigar is more towards the medium side of body than it is the mild side. The aroma was pleasent and you could definately smell the light, subtle hints of pepper in the smoke.

As it burned, I enjoyed this cigar much more. Once I got through the first third, the flavors were getting more delightful. The second third of this stick changed a bit. The strong pepper flavor diminished to a hint, and the earthy cedar flavors became more prominent with hints of toast entering. Overall, creating a palate happy with all the flavor.

The final third of this masterpiece was the most delicious part of the cigar, hands down. All the flavors; pepper, cedar, cinnamon, and toast all blended together for an amazing, complex flavor unlike anything I've
ever experienced.

This cigar had a very strong finish with great flavors for sure. It was certainly delicious all the way through, and I know for sure that I will be enjoying this cigar again and again.

Easily a 9 out of 10

Until next time,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment