Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Diamond Crown Maximus Review

Wrapper -Ecuadorian Ligero Oscuro
Filler - Dominican

Price: $9.00 - $13.00

Prior to April 1, 2011, I had never experienced a Diamond Crown cigar. But on that day, I went to my very first Cigar Event, where the feature was Diamond Crown Cigars. So I figured, why not give them a try? So the deal was to buy any 3 Diamond Crown or Diamond Crown Maximus and get 1 free. So thats what I did. I am partial to full bodied cigars, as you have seen in my previous posts, so I grabbed 2 of the Maximus cigars. Right after my purchase I went outside, cut the end of a Maximus and enjoyed my time there. I didn't have anything to jot down notes, so I had to save my other Maximus until I had time to write a review.

So here we go. This cigar is beautiful in ever aspect. The color, the feel, and most importantly, the taste. When I cut this cigar, the slice is perfect, no peels, no cracks, just a perfectly in tact stick. By far one of the cleanest cuts of any cigar I've had in some time. Then I lit it up. The draw was effortless, the flavors were all jumping out, and the aroma was delightful.

The flavor at first was a little spicy, a little peppery. But, after about a fifth of the cigar, the peppery bite went away and the cigar became very earthy with hints of either almond or walnut. I was definitely getting some kind of nutty flavor. There were also little subtle hints of oak that came throughout the smoke.

About half way through this stick,my palate was in heaven. Every flavor perfectly blended together for another amazing experience. The thick, dense smoke made this cigar all the more enjoyable. And the ash, oh the ash, never completely fell off until I flicked it off to jot down a few more notes.

Even well after the 3/4 mark of the stick, the draw never got harder, and the cigar never went out. Granted it was windy, so that most likely helped. The flavors were jumping out more and more at this point. I can only
describe this flavor combination as exquisite.

One word pops into mind when I was smoking it... Tasty. And there was only one flaw to this cigar, and that is, that is has an end.

I easily give the cigar 9 out of 10. Over time, I'm sure that number can easily reach a 5 star rating in my book. But as I said before, this was only the second time I've had one, so I have a feeling I'll find some more flavors over the next few times I have another Maximus.

Until the next smoke,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment