Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Illuminati Crusade Robusto Review

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
Filler: Nicaraguan
Price: $7.00

I want to start off by saying how much I do not like daylight savings. Now when I get home from work to review a cigar, I have roughly an hour. So during the week you are going to be seeing many more robustos reviewed. So as I was going through my humidor to find a good cigar for today’s review. I stumbled across this Illuminati. I heard from one of their distributors that this was a great cigar. So it was the perfect size for my time constraint.

The dark brown Habano wrapper was very nice looking. It had a nice oily sheen to it, and only had a couple thin veins throughout it. The cigar itself is a little softer than I am used to, but it wasn’t a worry because it felt even throughout. There is actually a very spicy wood smell coming off of this stick. The spice actually tingled. The cigar cut very clean, and was very easy to light.

Right off of the light, I was picking up some serious wood notes. There was a peppery spice that built up quickly as well. Along with the pepper, I was grabbing some notes of a cinnamon-like flavor. As this cigar progresses, the wood notes as well as earthiness keep building. I was actually getting a nice combination of flavors coating my palate. There seemed to be a little bit of leather and pepper that stuck around.

By halfway, the spice was starting to mellow out a little bit. Once the spice mellows, the woodiness and earthiness take over completely. The spice didn’t go away completely, it was still there on my tongue, but it wasn’t as powerful as it was through the first half of this cigar. All the flavors built up and combined for a fantastic finish. The notes of pepper, cinnamon, wood, and earth molded together for a very enjoyable last couple inches.

The ash on this cigar was quite strong. Given how soft the stick was, I didn’t expect the ash to hold on until the halfway point. The ash was also a medium shade of gray and nicely layered. The burn was slightly uneven at times, which was most likely due to the softness, but it always seemed to even out. The draw was very easy and produced a good amount of thick white smoke. The smoke gave off a very spicy aroma.

I thought this cigar was pretty good. The flavor is relatively complex and packs a nice punch. If you are interested in this full-bodied cigar, visit Rancho Maduro Cigars online. They have a good selection of Illuminati Cigars as well as many others. I give this cigar a 7.0 out of 10.

Enjoy,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment