Saturday, September 3, 2011

Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real #2 Review

Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut Shade
Filler: Nicaraguan
Price: $6.00

Every once and awhile a mild cigar comes along that I like. This one did it for me. It was nice to get up in the morning and sit outside with this one. My Dad and I were both off of work, so we each grabbed a cigar and enjoyed the morning air.

The one thing that always draws me to Romeo Y Julieta cigars is their appearance. Most of the time they are flawless, and this one was no different. The Connecticut shade wrapper was very smooth. Not one vein throughout the entire wrapper. There were a couple soft spots, but none of them were bad enough to alter the burn pattern. The cigar gives off an amazingly sweet tobacco aroma.

The flavor of this stick surprised me a little bit. I wasn’t expecting strong flavors right away, but I was shown otherwise. Right off of the light this stick was very earthy and grassy. There was also a nice spice undertone that complimented the earthiness well. After about an inch, the flavor lightened up quite a bit. The cigar mellows out, while still keeping subtle hints of spice lingering.

Just shy of the halfway point some nutty flavor comes into play and takes away the grassy flavor that had been there since the start. Around this time a sweet undertone comes out as well. The earthiness picks up and drowns out most of the other flavors by the start of the last third.

The finish was amazing and smooth. The spice was completely gone, there were some nice earthy tones throughout the last couple inches. I detected a little bit of sweet cedar also in the finish that I didn’t find earlier in the cigar. The sweetness I had early wasn’t this cedar taste that I was getting now.

The ash was nice on this stick. A nice medium shade of gray that was layered perfectly. The burn was a little wavy but it evened itself out. The draw was exceptional. The smoke was a thick white cloud that billowed nicely. The aroma was great and mild.

This is definitely on my list of top mild smokes. Usually I am all about the full body, but every once and awhile I like to switch it up. This could easily be my new mild go-to cigar. I give it a 7.75 out of 10.

Enjoy,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment