Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Perdomo Lot 23 Toro Maduro Review

Wrapper: Broadleaf Maduro
Filler: Nicaraguan
Price: $5.00

The other day I decided to stop in to Xhale Lounge in Philadelphia to talk with the owner and grab a few cigars to review. As I am talking with the Brad, the owner, he informs me that there is a Perdomo event coming up this Friday (September 16th) at the shop. Instead of having the special on just that day, he made the special of “buy 3 get one free on all Perdomo products” for the entire month of September. So I grabbed a couple to review, and this one was the first one I chose to do.

The cigar isn’t the darkest maduro I have ever smoked, but it does have a nice dark brown color to it. This cigar only has one vein throughout the whole wrapper that may affect the burn, but I am not to worried about it. The cap is perfectly flush and cut very clean. This is one solid stick. There is not a single soft spot throughout the entire thing. This cigar also has a very sweet smell, almost like chocolate.

One it is lit, the flavor comes out immediately. There is a very mild spice off the start. This spice is a little lighter than most maduros I have smoked. There is also a subtle sweetness that comes out as well. Shortly into the smoke, the spice dies down and gives way to a very nice leathery flavor. The leather flavor quickly covers the palate and stays around for a while.

Halfway into this stick, the flavor completely switches up. The majority of the flavor becomes sweet and creamy. I could definitely pull out some of the chocolate flavors that I could smell before I lit the cigar. The spice comes back a little bit stronger than before, and combines perfectly with the sweetness. This cigar had an outstanding finish. There were perfect amounts of spice and sweetness that made my palate very happy.

Now the ash on this cigar was pretty good. It held on for about two inches at a time. It was also nicely layered and almost a charcoal color. The burn was perfectly even throughout the entire cigar. That vein did nothing to alter the burn pattern. The draw was flawless all the way through. The smoke was thick and creamy and gave off a very sweet aroma.

This is one cigar that you have to try. It is not as strong as it looks. Its packed with flavor, and it comes at a great price. For $5 you can’t go wrong with this one. I give this cigar a 8.25 out of 10.

Enjoy,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment