Monday, September 5, 2011

CAO America Potomac Review

Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro and Connecticut Shade
Filler: Nicaraguan and Dominican Ligero
Price: $6.00 - $7.00

With today being Labor Day, I felt it was finally time to dive into this cigar that had been sitting in my humidor for a couple months. The weather was nice, there was a nice breeze, it was the perfect morning for a cigar. I was going to review this one last week, but I figured it would be good one to smoke on this holiday.

The double on this cigar gives a really nice appearance. The cigar was smooth unlike some other cigars I have had with multiple wrappers. The double cap on this cigar was also perfectly flush. There were a couple veins that I was a little weary about, but they never amounted to anything. This cigar is solid with a very sweet chocolate aroma coming off of it.

The flavor was a little disappointing with this one. Since the cigar smelled so sweet, I assumed I would get a little bit of sweetness in the smoke, but I assumed wrong on this one. There was a good amount of spice that came off of the light, but that was quickly dulled by a nice bitter coffee flavor. The coffee undertones weren’t that strong, but just enough to cut the spice.

After an inch or so into this one, the flavor becomes very earthy. There was a strong wood and toast flavor that came out. Once these two flavors came out, the toast flavor completely took over. By halfway a mild spice came back. From about halfway on until the end, the flavor never really changed. There was the mild spice that was met by the earthy and wood notes. There wasn’t much of a climax in flavor with this cigar.

The ash was a medium shade of gray but was quite flaky. The burn was a little uneven at first, but it quickly evened itself up. The draw was flawless throughout the entire stick, which is always good. The smoke was thick and creamy but the aroma wasn’t good at all. This cigars aroma stunk to put it nicely. It gave off a dirty smell.

This cigar definitely was not worth the money I spent on it. I feel that I got cheated with waiting for the right day to smoke this one. Ill give this cigar a 6.25 out of 10 but that’s the best I can do. I hope I only got a couple bad ones and that these are usually better.

Enjoy,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment