Saturday, August 27, 2011

Illusione Epernay Le Ferme Review

Wrapper: Rosado
Filler: Criollo and Corojo Long Fillers
Price: $8.00 - $9.00

So today was a pretty big day for me. I went over to a new cigar lounge in Philadelphia called Xhale Lounge. If any of you are in the greater Philadelphia area, I highly recommend this shop. The owner, Brad, is a very nice guy who will help you find the perfect cigar. When I went over there we came to a little agreement to help each other out. So he asked me to review this fantastic cigar for him. So when I got home from, I prepared for this hurricane coming through then lit up this stick on my porch.

The cigar looks flawless. The wrapper is a medium shade of brown with not one vein in it that could alter a burn pattern. The stick itself is solid with not one soft spot in it. The cap has multiple layers that are all layered perfectly flush. The cigar gives off a sweet earthy smell before it is lit.

One I cut and lit this cigar up, I know I was in for a treat. The mild spice kicked off immediately and slowly picked up. This cigar starts off as a relatively full bodied cigar. The flavors opened up some more with some earthy notes. After about an inch of this great smoke, there were some strong wood notes that came out.

Roughly halfway through this cigar, the spice died down, as did the body. The second half had a solid medium body, The wood notes became much more prominent and a slight sweet undertone formed. I couldn’t quite pinpoint the sweetness, but it was leaning towards a light milk chocolate flavor. Nothing huge, but just enough to cut the spice a little bit more.

Towards the start of the last third, a slight bitterness came into the picture and combined with the earthy tones. The finish of this cigar was simply amazing. It was very smooth. The notes of earth and wood were still very strong, and the bitter undertone was met with a little bit more spice to make up a complex flavor profile for the last couple inches.

The ash on this cigar was a little dark, but strong. It held on until the half way point. The burn was flawless throughout the entire stick. It also didn’t burn quite as fast as I was expecting. The draw was effortless throughout the duration of this cigar. The smoke was very creamy and plentiful. The aroma had some spicy notes to it, but it wasn’t overpowering by any means.

This is definitely a cigar that I recommend. The only thing I cant figure out, is why I didn’t find it earlier. This is easily a 8.5 out of 10 cigar in my book, and I recommend it to anyone who likes medium to full bodied cigars.

Enjoy,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment