Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Alec Bradley Crescendo Interlude Review

Wrapper: Honduran
Filler: Nicaraguan and Honduran
Price: $6.75

From my past experiences with Alex Bradley cigars, I have learned they are seriously hit or miss. When I was walking around one of my local shops, I picked this one up to give it  a shot. I thought it looked like a good cigar to enjoy in the morning. So after sitting in my humidor for a couple weeks it was time to give it a try.

The Honduran wrapper was a medium shade of brown with a nice shine to it. There were no veins on the wrapper that would alter the burn pattern in any way. The only flaw I found in construction was a soft spot on the underside by the band. The cigar also gave off a bitter pre-light aroma.

The first half of this cigar was the better half by far. The cigar started off with a minor spice but slowly evolved into an earthy and nutty smoke. Once the flavor changed, the spice slowly dissipated. About two inches in, the spice came back a little bit, and then all of the other flavors died down. Right around the halfway point, the cigar got bland.

The second half of this cigar wasn’t that good at all. The earthiness picked up to become the prominent flavor. The spice became completely non-existent shortly after the half way point. The majority of the flavors were gone when there was about two inches left to this stick. The only flavor that was there was a general tobacco flavor. The finish was anticlimactic and severely uneventful.

The ash was dark and ugly, but it did hold on until the half way point. The only plus for this stick was the burn which was even throughout. The draw was a little tight and only evened up a little bit in the last half of the stick. The smoke wasn’t great either. There wasn’t much produced, and the smoke was very thin. The aroma, however was sweet with little earthy notes.

All I can say is that it may be awhile before I give an Alec Bradley cigar a chance again. His cigars are very hit or miss, this one, was definitely a miss. I cant give this cigar anything more than a 5 out of 10.

Enjoy,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment