Saturday, April 28, 2012

Jean Sibelius Short Review

I wasn't sure if I was going to review this cigar or not for a couple reasons. The first reason being, it is extremely rare. The other being, it is only available in Finland. Now I do not know a whole lot about this cigar, so this is going to be a short review. The extent of my knowledge about this cigar is that it is rolled in Finland using Cuban tobacco.

This cigar features a very light brown wrapper with a slight green tint to it. There are a couple flaws and cracks in the wrapper, but nothing too bad. Also, the cigar is very small, a petite corona, and is actually very solid. The cap is composed of a couple flush layers. There was a strong earthy smell to this cigar.


Once I clipped and lit this cigar, the flavors came out immediately. There was a very earthy start with a mild sweetness in the background. As the cigar slowly progressed, there were some light woody notes that came out.  The flavor profile wasn't very complex, but the present flavors were actually very nice.


When the halfway mark came around, the flavors started to shift a little bit. The earthiness and woodiness started to mellow out and the spiciness built up. The transition from first half to second half went very smooth.

The finish of this cigar came pretty quick. Considering it's size, it lasted about twenty five minutes. The finish left a nice spice and wood combination on my palate with a slight earth and sweet flavor on my tongue.
The ash on this cigar was a medium to dark shade of gray and held on until about halfway. The burn started out a little uneven, but it eventually worked itself out.  The draw was flawless and produced a thick white smoke. The smoke also gave off a very woody aroma.

All I can say about this cigar was that I wish it was easier to get. It wasn't the most amazing cigar, but it's a great quick smoke. It wasn't complex, but if you want a quick cigar, this one would do the trick. If you ever see these, or have the means to get one, please do. I don't think you will be disappointed. I give this cigar a 7.25 out of 10.

Thanks for reading,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment