Sunday, June 5, 2011

Perdomo Reserve Champagne Noir Review (Saturday Morning Smoke)

Wrapper: Nicaraguan Maduro
Filler: Nicaraguan
Price $5.00 - $7.00

When I was asked to do a review on this cigar, I couldn’t resist. Perdomo is one of my favorite brands if I need a quick go-to cigar that isn’t too strong. And being that this cigar hasn’t been on the market too long, I jumped all over this opportunity.

This Nicaraguan Puro had a dark maduro wrapper with very small veins. The cigar was very solid in construction with no soft spots at all. The smell resembles coffee but had a pre light draw flavor of honey. One I got these two things in mind, I knew I was in for an early morning treat (roughly 6:45 am).

The first few puffs of this cigar definitely resembled Honey Nut Cheerios. I know that may sound a bit strange but that’s exactly was it reminded me of. The cigar was also very creamy right from the start. There is a slight transition after about an inch. The flavor moves towards an earthy wood flavor with slight hints of coffee. After a few more puffs the coffee flavor becomes the prominent flavor and the honey nut flavor becomes very subtle. Towards the halfway point, slight cedar hints entered into the picture.

From the halfway point on, the flavors all became much stronger. The only major change in flavor was that the coffee flavor seems to have morphed into a dark chocolate flavor. The reason I feel it morphed is because I wasn’t getting any hints of coffee for the last two inches at all. Also, I started getting subtle nutty notes after the halfway point. The flavor stayed great and, for the most part, consistent from the halfway point on.

This cigar had a very strong ash. It held on until I had to take of the band. After that, I didn’t ash until I put it out. The smoke was very thick and billowed beautifully. It was very creamy and a nice combination of browns and grays. The aroma was very sweet and resembled the flavors almost exactly. There was no harshness to the aroma at all. The draw was very easy all the way through. The finish was great. I smoked the cigar down to the point where I was burning my lips.

I highly recommend this cigar for someone who like medium bodied cigars with a ton of flavor.

This cigar deserves a solid 8.5 out of 10.

Until later,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment