Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Carlos Torano Exodus 1959 50 Years Review

Wrapper: Sun Grown Brazilian Arapiraca
Filler: Nicaraguan
Price: $6.00 - $7.00

Back in the middle of May, I attended a cigar event in Pennsauken, NJ. One of the vendors there was Carlos Torano. When I informed their regional sales manager of my blog, he gave me a few of these to write up a review on. This cigar has been again since then in my humidor, and today it called out to be smoked.

This cigar had a beautiful wrapper. It was almost like a chocolate brown color. It was also very smooth, and very oily. The stick itself was very solid. I gave it a good look over and there weren’t any defects or soft spots. When I cut the stick, there was no peeling. The construction was immaculate.

When I lit up this cigar, there was a little bit of spice, but that quickly simmered down. After a few puffs, the cigar got very earthy. This cigar was a good change for me because the past several cigars have all been strong on the spice. After about a half inch, the spice is pretty much completely gone and sweetness takes over.

After about two inches or so, the cigar got much sweeter with very strong notes of chocolate. Right around the half way mark, the cigar got much earthier and wood notes came out. This flavor combination stayed consistent and strong all the way to the end leading to a great finish.

The ash from this stick was ok. If was a little dark, almost a charcoal color. About halfway through the ash finally fell off. Then it didn’t come off until I finished the stick. The aroma was great. There was a slight spice in the aroma, but it was pleasant overall. The burn was even all the way to the end. And the draw was effortless for the first half, then tightened up a bit towards the end.

This cigar had great flavor and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes medium to full bodied cigars. This cigar gets a 8 out of 10.

Enjoy your next smoke,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment