Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Review

Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Oscuro
Filler: Nicaraguan
Price: $9.00 - $10.00

My local cigar shop just got their shipment of My Father cigars in a few weeks ago, and I had never had the opportunity to smoke one. So when they came in, I had to get my hands on a few.  After I enjoyed a couple of them, I figured I would do a write up.

This cigar has a dark brown wrapper. The wrapper is very sweet smelling, resembling chocolate. The construction of this cigar is very solid with no soft spots at all. There weren’t any veins present that had any possibility of altering the burn pattern at all.

As soon as this cigar is lit, the flavors come out. There were very prominent flavors of pepper and chocolate with subtle background hints of wood and coffee. As the stick progressed, the pepper flavor subsided quite a bit giving way to sweetness of the chocolate and coffee.

Right around the start of the second third, the flavors just exploded. The wood flavor became very prominent and some creamy notes came out. At around the halfway point, the coffee flavor as well as the chocolate subsided substantially and gave way for the pepper flavor. Once the pepper flavor came back, I could feel the body of the cigar become more full.

The last third of the cigar has some serious chocolate flavor.  The pepper and chocolate were equally strong and robust for the ending of this stick. Along with the pepper and chocolate, the wood and coffee are there even stronger than before. The four flavors combined for one of the best endings to any cigar I have had in a long time.

Now the ash of this cigar was simply beautiful. It was almost white, and very strong. It held on until the halfway point, and then stayed on until I put the cigar down. The aroma was strong, just like the body of the cigar. The aroma definitely resembled the pepper flavor I was getting throughout the stick. The smoke was very thick and heavy. The smoke was just amazing. The burn was good, but at first it was slightly uneven, but it all worked out after about a quarter of an inch.

I highly recommend this cigar, and I have to give it at least a 9 out of 10. This cigar is full bodied, so if you are new to cigars I wouldn’t recommend this one to you just yet.

Until next time,

Zack the Stogie Man

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete