Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ashton Heritage Puro Sol Churchill Review

Wrapper: Cameroon Sun Grown
Filler: Dominican
Price: $10.00
I’m not a huge fan of Ashton, they have a few lines that I like, but in my opinion they are just a little too expensive to have regularly. I went to an Ashton event, so I picked up a few. So this was the last one I had, and it was asked of me to write it up. So I went ahead and did it.

The wrapper was a medium shade of brown. The smell of the cigar was just a generic sweet tobacco smell. The cigar was solid for the most part, there weren’t any really soft spots, but there were some areas that weren’t as solid as the rest. There really wasn’t any distinctive pre light flavor to this stick either.

I was pretty upset at first when there really wasn’t a whole lot of flavor off of the light. After about a half inch or so, I started getting really sweet tobacco flavor. There was very little spice that came through during the length of the first few inches. Every few puffs I would get a little bit of pepper, but it really wasn’t enough to amount to anything.

The second half of this cigar really didn’t get a whole lot better. This stick became a little earthy, but overall it was still just a generic sweet tobacco flavor. The only major change from the first half of the cigar is that the spiciness kicked up a little bit. The finish of this stick was ok, it really didn’t taste any different than the cigar did with three inches left.

The ash was quite ugly. It was a medium shade of gray, and pretty strong. But, the ash was very flakey and scaly. The burn was never even throughout the entire burn. For the first few inches it was really bad, but towards the end it got a little closer to even. The smoke was creamy, but not much smoke was produced until about the half way point. The aroma was nothing special either.

Overall I was not impressed by this cigar, there really wasn’t any flavor to it. To me, it really wasn’t worth the money. In no way does it compare to a VSG. I think a 6 out of 10 is fair for this cigar.

Enjoy your smoke,

Zack the Stogie Man

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! Was seriously considering buying this the other day now not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i was not impressed at all. In no way does it compare to the VSG which is very flavorful

    ReplyDelete