Monday, January 23, 2012

Tatuaje Fausto FT153 Review

 Wrapper: Ecuadorian Habano
Filler: Nicaraguan
Price: $8.50

As many of you know, the Winter time isn’t the easiest time of year to enjoy a cigar. This is also the reason I haven’t been pumping out reviews like I was last month. I reviewed this cigar while I was relaxing at Holt’s. Right now, I need some cigar shops that have nice lounges where I can relax, and just focus on my cigar.

Over the past couple months, I have been smoking more Tatuaje Cigars because they became more easily available to me. After hearing so much about then, I have been picking a bunch of them up. The Fausto was the first one that I had to try because I have heard several great things about it.

This cigar is one of the most oily cigars I have ever seen. The dark brown wrapper just shines. The construction appears to be flawless. The cap is perfectly flush and smooth. There are just a couple very thin veins that runs through the wrapper but they aren’t bad. The stick itself is very solid all the way through. There is a very nice smell coming off of this cigar, it has a slight sweetness to it.

As soon I lit up this cigar I could tell I was in for a full-bodied experience. There was a good helping of spice and coffee notes almost immediately. As this cigar slowly progressed, there was a little bit of cinnamon that came out. As I draw on this cigar, I was noticing some very sweet notes coming through. There was a good combination of sweet and coffee notes throughout the first inch.

By about an inch of the way into this cigar, the spice picked up a great deal. But, just as the spice picks up, the earthiness of this cigar does as well. There was a little bit of woodiness that comes out and quickly coats that palate. And by the end of the first third, the fullness of this cigar is completely there.

As the cigar passes into the second third, the coffee notes come out even more. Now, the spice is still there, the it is more of an accent to the earthiness. It actually acts as a perfect compliment to the earth. The sweetness is almost completely gone as well. By halfway there are some leather notes that come out. Right after I started to get the leather notes, the spice came back strong and went right back into a full-bodied cigar.

The last couple inches were consisted mainly of the wood and spice notes. Both of these notes were very robust. The spice notes continued to pick up as the coffee notes continue to mellow out. The finish of this cigar surely did not disappoint. All of the flavors work perfectly together .

The ash on this cigar is a medium shade of gray and held on for about two inches at a time. The burn was even throughout the entire length of the cigar. The draw was very easy and produced a very thick, gray smoke. The thick smoke gave off a spicy aroma with a bit of earthiness to it.

If you are looking for a heavy hitting cigar, this one will deliver for you. The flavor is great, and I could tell it was going to be a heavy hitter as soon as I lit it up. I will be smoking some more of these for sure. I give it a 8.25 out of 10.

Thanks for reading,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment