Sunday, October 14, 2012

Arturo Fuente Opus X Black Orchid Review

Wrapper: Dominican Maduro
Filler: Dominican
Binder: Dominican

This cigar is absolutely stunning. The maduro wrapper is a chocolate shade of brown with a couple veins running through it.The most distinct feature is clearly the cap. The cap is similar to that on the Opus X BBMF but a bit smaller. The cigar was firm to the touch and the wrapper leaf was a bit rough. This cigar had a very distinct sweet and earthy scent.

Once I lit this cigar up the tastes of earth and spice were very prominent. As this cigar progressed through the first inch some dark chocolate notes came out to add a bit of sweetness. Once I hit about the one-inch mark that distinct Opus X spice came out.


As this cigar moved into the second third the flavor profile really smoothed out. It was almost like the profile made a complete 180 degree turn. There was a bit more sweetness and a little bit less of that spice. Once I got to the halfway point a very strong oak flavor forms.

the last third of this cigar certainly did not disappoint. The sweetness picked up even more while keeping the whole earthy and woody base. The finish of this cigar had a ton of great flavors, almost like every flavor came back and joined together. The very end of this cigar was full of woody tones and the spice was left on my palate.

Ash: Medium to dark gray and held on for about an inch
Burn: Slightly crooked but not bad. Also burned very fast
Draw: Very easy for such a thin ring gauge
Smoke: Thick and dark gray
Aroma: Very earthy and wood

This was a cigar I have been looking to try for some time now. A customer at work came into and just gave it to me. I was excited because the search has finally ended. This cigar met just about every expectation I had. I just wish it lasted more than about 40 minutes. I hive this cigar a 9 out of 10.

Zack the Stogie Man



No comments:

Post a Comment