Sunday, September 16, 2012

Arturo Fuente Casa Fuente Double Robusto

Wrapper: Cameroon
Filler: Dominican
Binder: Dominican

The Cameroon wrapper on this cigar is absolutely flawless. The wrapper is a medium shade of brown and is very smooth to the touch. There are a few thin veins running through the wrapper but none are worth worrying about. The cap is actually composed of three layers that all lie perfectly flush. The cigar itself is solid throughout and gives off a very sweet smell.

Once I lit up this cigar, I knew this cigar was special. The initial puffs were very smooth with a slight sweetness. There was a little bit of a woodiness that came out. After a few more puffs some mellow earthy tones formed. The flavors from the Cameroon wrapper were very dominant withing the first inch. As this cigar slowly progressed some mild pepper and creamy notes coated my palate.

As I moved into the second third some light cinnamon notes started to form. There was still some nice pepper wood and earth tones poking through with just about every puff. The wood and earth notes both began to pick up around the halfway point. There were also a ton of creamy notes still gathering on the roof of my mouth. After this cigar passes the halfway point, the flavors open up even more.

By the time I got to the last third, there was a little bit more sweetness. The combination of the sweetness and the earthy tones make for an outstanding experience. The finish of this cigar was full of unforgettable flavors. This cigar was definitely full-flavored. And I, for one, cant wait to get to try these again.

Ash: Light gray, layered, held on until halfway
Burn: Perfect throughout
Draw: Very easy, Perfect amount of resistance
Smoke: Thick, white
Aroma: Light spice, very earthy.

This is the third time that I have had the opportunity to smoke this cigar, and each time I was blown away. This is definitely up there with my favorite Fuente cigars of all time. I have to give this one a 9.25 out of 10 hands down.


Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment