Sunday, July 22, 2012

Viaje TNT 2012

Wrapper: Nicaraguan Corojo '99
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan

This cigar definitely looks like a stick of dynamite. There was a nice long wick that extended down from the cap to about the middle of the cigar. The wrapper leaf was very smooth with a nice oily shine to it. This cigar also had a closed foot with excess wrapper leaf. The cigar itself was solid throughout with no veins. The cigar was a medium shade of brown. Due to the closed foot it was easy to get an even burn from the start.

As I lit this cigar up I got some very strong wood and pepper notes. After a few puffs the profile really smoothed out. The cigar becomes pretty leathery after about a half inch. As the leather picked up, the smoke became much smoother and creamier. There was also a very nice combination of pepper and oak still sitting on my palate.

As I moved into the second third, there was much more spice that came out. The leather flavor had started to take over on my palate. There was a little bit of sweetness that came out to balance the whole flavor profile. Around the halfway point the spice really started to mellow out, leaving a very earthy yet smooth profile.

As the final third started to burn, there was almost no spice left. The flavors were very smooth, which was the exact opposite of what I was expecting the end of this cigar to be. The finish was full of strong earth and oak tones. The finish, although not spicy, was still very strong and powerful. The leather really picked up again in the last inch and a half of this cigar.

Ash: Medium to dark gray with little bits of brown. Held of for an inch and a half.
Burn: Wrapper a bit uneven at time. Required a couple touch ups.
Draw: Very easy
Smoke: Very thick light gray color
Aroma: Little bit spicy

This cigar wasn't exactly what I expected, but I was surely not disappointed. This cigar was seriously full bodied, and the name alone told me that. I would suggest this cigar to people who like a nice punch of nicotine. I think this cigar deserves an 8.25 out of 10.

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment