Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tatuaje Mini Mum (Little Monsters)

Wrapper: Nicaraguan Sun Grown Criollo
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan

The Mini Mum is the only cigar out of the Little Monsters set that has yet to have the "Original Release" available. So in my eyes, I am considering this cigar more of a test sample to what is to come.

This cigar has a medium brown wrapper that looks flawless. The cigar itself has a closed foot that is covered with excess wrapper leaf. The cap is perfectly flush and made up of three separate layers. There are a couple thin veins running through this cigar, but none are a worry to me. The cigar is smooth and solid throughout. The foot is slightly softer though. There is a very earthy and grassy smell coming from this cigar.

As soon as I lit this cigar up there was a very smooth combination of peppery spice and woody tones. There was a slightly sweet undertone that popped out every few puffs. After about a half inch the pepper flavor mellows out a leaves a very sweet earthy base. My palate was coated with a smooth and creamy combination of flavors.


As I moved into the second third the earthy tones became much stronger. There was a great combination of sweet and spicy tones on the draw. The wood and pepper notes picked up as well as I moved towards the halfway point of this cigar. My palate was now covered with a combination of wood and cream.

The last third of this cigar was much better than the first two thirds. Now the wood and earth tones are at their strongest. The sweet and spicy tones were almost gone, but every few puffs they pop out. The cinnamon tones started to coat my tongue as well now. The finish was great and full of earthy tones.

Ash: Medium gray and held on for about and inch or two
Burn: Perfectly even throughout
Draw: Little bit of resistance but not bad
Smoke: Thick white
Aroma: Very strong earthiness

Since I now know that the original releases can be better than the "Little Monster" release, I am extremely excited about the Mummy release coming out in a few months. I give this cigar a 7.75 out of 10.


Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment