Sunday, July 24, 2011

Alec Bradley Tempus Terra Novo Review (Saturday Morning Smoke)

Wrapper: Habano-seed Tobacco from the Nicaraguan and Honduran Border
Filler: Cuban-seed long fillers from Nicaragua and Honduras
Price: $7.00 - $8.00

As you have probably read in some of my previous reviews, I did an event a few months back, and this was one of the cigars that was given to me to do a review on. So this cigar has been sitting in my humidor since early may and I was waiting for that perfect time to smoke it. So this past Saturday, I woke up, grabbed this cigar, and sat out back of my house before it got too brutally hot. It wound up hitting 106 degrees. So luckily I could enjoy this cigar while it was only in the low 90s.

The cigar had a beautiful dark brown wrapper with only a couple medium sized veins. There wasn’t anything to be to worried about. The cap was perfectly flush and there were also absolutely no soft spots. The cigar had a great sweet tobacco smell to it as well.

Once I gave this stick a nice clean cut, I had to light up as soon as possible. There was a definite spice right off of the light, but it died down quickly. The cigar had some great earthy notes early on as well. After about a half inch or so, there formed a slight bitterness on the palate. About an inch in the flavor got extremely sweet. There were definite notes of coffee and chocolate that started coming through.

Around the half way point of this stick, the flavor profile got much more earthy. There was a strong sweet tobacco flavor that became very prominent, and the notes of wood, and spice became very strong. The sweet tones of coffee and chocolate were fluctuating in and out of the smoke giving it hints of sweetness every few puffs. This pattern followed through until the strong flavorful finish.

The ash wasn’t quite what I expected with this stick. It was strong and solid, but it was a little flaky and a little darker than I usually see. The burn was uneven at times but after a few minutes it would even itself out. The draw was extremely tight at first but it evened out quite a bit as the cigar progressed. The smoke was very thick and creamy and the aroma was nice with at little bit of spice lingering in it.

If you are looking for a good medium to full bodied cigar, this is right there. I will say that this is the best Alec Bradley cigar that I have ever smoked to date, but it wasn’t anywhere near one of the best cigars I have ever had. I think this cigar deserves a solid 8 out of 10.

Enjoy your smoke,

Zack the Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment