Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Gurkha Ancient Warrior Review

Wrapper: Brazilian
Filler: Dominican and Honduran

Price around $7.00 - $8.00

This isn't the first time Ive had an Ancient Warrior, I first had one back in probably 2008 or so. But since then I have upgraded my taste for fine cigars. So I feel it fitting to now take my love for a fine stogie and bring it to you by making regular entries on cigars i encounter.

The Ancient Warrior is indeed a fine cigar; its beautiful dark Brazilian wrapper adds a nice oily texture to the cigar, and its fantastic combination of Dominican and Honduran tobacco for the fillers combine for great flavor. The wrap was solid, there were no cracks, and no splits. Even the cut was amazing.

This cigar was very smooth throughout the entire smoke. It wasn't too mild, it was clearly a mild-medium bodied cigar. The draw was fantastic as well, no struggle at all. The combination of the three different types of tobacco combine for very early tones; very creamy, very toasty, and even little hints of black pepper as you advance through the cigar at a good pace.

One of my personal favorite parts of cigars is how the ash looks. This cigar had a beautiful fill gray ash. And the aroma was great as well.

After about an hour or so, the cigar burnt perfectly evenly the whole time. I know this is in part of my humidor being in perfectly calibrated, but if the wrapper is to thick in parts, in can burn at a different rate. So the fact that it burnt almost perfectly symmetrical leads to a great smoke.

The flavor just kept getting better throughout the cigars entirety, and had a very good finish. Overall I would recommend this cigar to any person with an interest with cigars. A combination of its strength, taste, and aroma, I feel you will enjoy it.

A basic rule of thumb for cigar smokers is that the darker the cigar is, the stronger it is. But in the case of the Ancient Warrior, it seriously isn't as strong as it looks.

I hope you found this helpful. Look forward for more entries coming soon.

I give this cigar easily an 7.5


Zack The Stogie Man

No comments:

Post a Comment